Thursday, November 26, 2009

Videos on Unboxing Something

I am amazed to see how many stupid people make these stupid videos and upload them to YouTube, and how many stupid people actually watch them, rate them, and comment on them. I fail to understand what is so special about unboxing a merchandise? Why people make videos of "unboxing" something, and why other people watch them? Generally, I have seen these are computer related things or electronic items such as computers, computer games, i-Pods, cameras or camcorders, even software that came in a CD! What is so special about "unboxing" them? Go to Google, click on the tab that says Videos, and then type "unboxing" in the Search Box, and hit Enter. See how many thousands of results are returned by Google. It is mind-boggling really. I wonder who thought of this idea first? He or she should be officailly recognized as Idiot Number One!

I wonder if anybody has created any video on 'Unpackaging" Oral-B (Braun) Professional Care 7000 Series Electric Toothbrush? That might help some people, including me. When I bought that product a couple of years ago, it took me about 24 hours to figure out how to "unpackage" the goddamn thing. Eventually, I had to go to my neighbor to borrow some tools to get the thing out of the plastic container in which it was entombed. Similarly, until about a year ago opening a package of Centrum Silver used to be a challenge. I usually had to give up and seek help of my wife who would use a number of her kitchen tools to "unpackage" the vitamin pills for me. Fortunately, the manufacturer of these pills eventually came to their senses and they are now selling these pills in easy-to-open packages. I wish, some thoughtful people make "unpackaging" videos of this kind of hard-to-open packages. That would be a good social service. As far as I am concerned, there is no need to make an "unboxing" video of say, a JVC Everio GZ-MG630 60 GB HDD camcorder!

Shoban Sen

No comments: