Saturday, July 30, 2011

Browsers

I don't claim to be a computer expert but I am a heavy user of computers for many years. I simply don't understand the recent hoopla about Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Is it because Bill Gates is so rich? Are people jealous about Bill Gates' wealth? I have four browsers in my computer - Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and AOL and I use all four regularly and try to find the difference. I find NONE (may be AOL is not that good). The claim that Chrome and Firefox are faster than IE is simply NOT TRUE. In fact, I find that Internet Explorer is fastest and easiest to use. And the safety issues? I don't know why Internet Explorer is less safe in any way than Chrome and Firefox. Besides, if one uses the latest version of Norton Internet Security, or McAfee for that matter, and gets automatic updates of these software (which one should always do) the hypothetical safety issues of different browsers is automatically taken care of. What amuses me most is often times Chrome and Mozilla cannot find www.google.com or www.yahoo.com. No, my firewall settings are alright. Because if my firewall settings had restricted these relatively new-in-the-market browsers from accessing Google or Yahoo, they would restrict them all the time, not just sometimes.

Long live Bill Gates and the Internet Explorer. I will always use Internet Explorer as my PRIMARY BROWSER.

Shoban Sen
http://bestnetguru.com/

No comments: