Thursday, August 29, 2019

PayPal Resolution Center SUCKS - BIG TIME

I recently had a terrible experience in PayPal Resolution Center. On July 16, I ordered a drone ("Drone X Pro") from a company called Happy Shopping E-Commerce based in Singapore. The price of the drone was $99.00 and I also bought a 3-year insurance on it for $24.00. I paid $123.00 to Happy Shopping through PayPal. I ordered the drone to gift it to somebody for his birthday. His birthday was on August 3. When the drone did not arrive on time. I contacted Happy Shopping to learn its whereabouts. They replied saying it has been shipped and quoted LT925315495CN as the tracking number for the package. On August 5, I received a package from the company bearing the above tracking number. BUT THE PACKAGE DID NOT CONTAIN THE DRONE! IT CONTAINED A PORTABLE AIR-CONDITIONER THAT I ORDERED FROM THEM EARLIER. So I contacted them again asking about the DRONE. They replied it has been delivered. I told them again that I have received the said package BUT IT DID NOT CONTAIN THE DRONE. Again they completely ignored my point and said it has been delivered. The package had the packing slip pasted right outside it. I took a photo of it (see below) and sent it to them as proof that the package bearing the above quoted tracking number DID NOT CONTAIN THE DRONE. (Please see for yourself). 


                                    



I corresponded with them several times about the problem, but they ignored my point completely and kept on saying "It has been delivered". I got so frustrated that I opened a dispute about it in PayPal's Resolution Center. After a few days PayPal notified me that my claim has been DENIED. The reason for denial? The seller provided tracking number LT925315495CN which has been DELIVERED! They did not give me a chance to prove that package DID NOT CONTAIN THE DRONE. After much effort I found a telephone number to call them and so I called. When I got a human being on the line, I explained to him my whole story and asked him how can I upload a photo to their Resolution Center. He kept me on hold for literally 30 minutes and then came back to me saying I shall receive an e-mail from them in the next 2-3 days which will contain instructions on how to upload photos to the Resolution Center, Next day, I did receive their e-mail with instruction. So I uploaded the above picture as proof that I did receive the package bearing the above tracking number but the package contained one portable air-conditioner and NOT THE DRONE! I was sure, with this evidence PayPal will reverse their decision and decide the case in favor of me. Alas, in their next communication with me PayPal again said my claim was DENIED as the seller provided a tracking number for the package which was DELIVERED!

I asked PayPal several times what about the photographic evidence I submitted? No answer to that. First, they gave me instructions to escalate Dispute to Claim. Following their instruction I could not find the link to claim. I was furious by this time. So I contacted them again. This time I was asked to go to www.paypal.co.uk (by the way, I am in USA), go to My Account, go to Resolution Center, go to Closed Cases, then click on Appeal. There was no link or button to go to Appeal. FUCK. FUCK PAYPAL. But then I thought what is the point? Even if I appeal, what new evidence can I produce? I will submit the same picture again. And their response will be "YOUR CLAIM HAS BEEN DENIED BECAUSE THE SELLER HAS SUBMITTED TO US A TRACKING NUMBER WHICH HAS BEEN DELIVERED".

Who run PayPal's Resolution Center? A bunch of high school drop outs with no training in resolving disputes? Can they even read English? Can they not understand what the picture I submitted says. If they cannot understand, take the picture to a post office or any other shipping facility like UPS, FedEx, DHL etc. and ask them what the packing slip (picture) is saying?

I did a quick Google search on "paypal sucks". Do you know what I found?  Almost all sufferers are buyers. PayPal always decides the disputes in favor of the sellers. Because it is in their best business interest. That Resolution Center is nothing but show. They do not judge cases neutrally. They always take the side of the sellers.

I LOST MY US $123.00. FUCK PAYPAL AND FUCK HAPPY SHOPPING E-COMMERCE!!!

If you have experienced similar situation in PayPal Resolution Center, please post your experience under Comments. Widespread public frustration with their handling of disputes will eventually bring PayPal down to their knees. Thanks for your co-operation.

No comments: